About the 25% M.E. Group
There are approximately 200,000 people in the UK who suffer from M.E. Some do recover. However, approximately 25% of sufferers remain long term ill and severely disabled by the disease. Many are left isolated, housebound or even bedbound by the effects of the illness. It affects people from all walks of life, all age groups and can strike when you are least expecting it.
The 25% M.E. Group exists to support all who have the severe form of M.E. and those who care for them. This includes people who are housebound, bedbound and wheelchair users.
At present there is no other organisation concerned specifically with the needs of the severely affected.
This website is devoted to providing support to this group.
- Twice yearly 40 page Newsletter
- Annual mailings containing information suitable for ME Awareness Week
- Regularly updated Contact List for Members
- Practical and Emotional Support
- Advocacy/Welfare Advice & Assistance
- Telephone Support Helpline
- Resource Library Loan Service/Medical Advice Sheets Service
- Raising Funds to Promote & Support ME Medical Research Institutions
- Various Fundraising Initiatives
- Six Special Interest Groups organised by Members including:-
- Art Club
- Talking Book Service
- Round Robin Tape/Talking Letters
- 25% Links Group
- Meditation Group
- Prayer Group
- Listening Ear Telephone and Welcome Service for members
- MCS Telephone Support Helpline
- NEW - A Memebrs only area.
If you are a severely affected ME sufferer, carer, or just interested in finding out more about our group, please read the Joining Us Section for more information and details regarding membership of the group.